Saturday, March 13, 2010

UFO's are flying away....







I've been working on a couple of quilts over the last couple of weeks and finally put the last border on the second one!
The blue and yellow angel quilt I put all together last week and Friday I put on its final borders.I started this quilt quite a few years ago and had all the applique blocks etc all done and ready to put together but that's as far as I got with it.It feels good to finally have them ready to send off to the quilter.
The green and raspberry quilt has been made up for a few years as well,just awaiting the final floral border which I achieved today.I'm loving how it's turned out but boy is it enormous!! it hangs down quite a bit on our bed as you can see from the photo's.I had some extra rectangles cut out and sashing strips so today I also did two cushion tops to go with the quilt and because I still had some rectangles left I've made up a runner top as well today.I'll leave it for another day to finish those three things off ,maybe next friday? Boy I'm bushed! I think tonight I'll be doing some hand sewing in front of the tv tonight.
This year is my year for finishing off UFO's so tick,tick,two more off the list :)

14 comments:

Vicki ♥ said...

Very nice UFO's Barb....I bet it feels good to have them done :) Now its on to the next lot :)hugs Vicki

Ondrea said...

Well done girl!!! It does feel good when you complete something and when yo are on a roll you just keep going until you drop LOL. They look fantastic. You must be thrilled. Hugs O

Lucky-1 said...

Oh to have UFO's and to be able to post about them.......give me a couple more years....lol.

Beautiful quilts by the Barb:D

Margarita said...

It feels wonderful to finish stuff that has been lying round for ages.
Good job, well done.

Roseanne said...

hi just found your blog by looking at my SIL blog you left a comment on hers. Love your quilts.

Unknown said...

What a great feeling Barb , especially when they are such beautiful finishes .

miss~nance said...

Well done Barb its great to knock over a couple of UFO's and these are truly beautiful. Good luck with the rest of your UFO's.

Hugs & Blessings

Gail

Mistea said...

Lovely tops you have there - and they will be ready to use just in time for the cold weather. Those angels are super cute. Enjoy

Sarah said...

Lovely quilts there Barb! You have been very busy! Funny how when you have a UFO sitting for SO long, and then when you drag it out to do a little to it, you need to finish it asap.... I have done just that! I will post pics later
x Sarah

Pauline said...

HI Barb,
I have been trying to finish ufos this year also...its a great feeling isnt it? well done to you..

Karen said...

The Country Angels quilt is a winner in my eyes!

Micki said...

Glad that you are getting your UFOs done!
Great job!
Micki

Cath Ü said...

I love the colours in these quilts and doesn't it feel good when you are one step closer to finishing them completely....

Cath's Blog

Cath Ü

prashant said...

Well done girl!!
data entry work from home