Tuesday, July 5, 2011

2nd finish for OPAM....




One of the things I'm doing for my uni placement is a solitary play space for the children to be able to have some me time away from the others in the room so I made up a large floor cushion from one of my UFO's (a table topper) stuffed it and I'll be taking this into work tomorrow to create a nice cosy relaxing corner of the room just for one little person to use at a time.With this cushion I'm also be taking in a knitted flurry blanket I made a while ago so they can curl up under it on the cushion with some of the books I'll provide for them.

I'll take a photo of it when I set it up in the room and post about it when I get the chance.I love being able to make things for my room for the children to be able to use.

9 comments:

Jeni said...

what a happy cushion ..just love it

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Love it Barb....

Ariane said...

Your cushion is gorgeous!!! The kids will love it!! They will fight over who gets to try it first!!!!

Show and Tell said...

Looks Fab......I made this quilt up many years ago as a table topper......I like the colours that you have used....

Roseanne said...

It is so nice and bright the children are going to love sitting on this in the relaxing corner.

Ondrea said...

Barb!!! That cushion is sooooo lovely!!!! Are you sure you want to take it to work??

Sue said...

That is a gorgeous cushion. Is it a Chook Shed design?

Lucky-1 said...

Oh I so love that cushion..... not sure if its the flowers or the chooks...lol
HUGGLES Lucky

Terry said...

That's so cute! And what a great idea for the kids! :0)