Tuesday, October 21, 2014

A Busy Weekend…..

DSCF7940

Turning this junky area into a restful retreat……Full frontal view

DSCF7942

The view to my right…….I got hubby to move the heavier stuff for me.

DSCF7944

Minus the crap and rubbish, about to sweep up all that dirt and rubbish…..

DSCF7947

Filled the hanger planter on the fence with some new fresh faced pansies, brightened the space up straight away…..

DSCF7946

Cleaned all the muck and dirt from the top of the table and look what I found….. a lovely scene of what I’m hoping to create in this corner of my world.

DSCF7950

not quite finished but a big step in the right direction, every time I walk outside and see this space I smile. I just need to find two comfy chairs, a bit more furniture re-arranging and more plants and maybe some bamboo sheeting to cover the back gate will set the mood I’m aiming. What do you think??? Any ideas on what I could add to set the mood????

11 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Looking good Barb...such a good idea....

Anonymous said...

Hi kiddo I think this will be a wonderful area for you and Tony to sit and relax,maybe teach Tony to do some crochet,lol,love that table.xx

Jo said...

Put some paving paint down. It is a nice space

Cheryl said...

I can see you sitting out there stitching Barb

KERYN B said...

Lovely Barb - great place to just sit and relax..

Anthea said...

Wow Barb, what a great little space! Maybe you could add some wall art to soften the fact of the wall being so close?

Dasha said...

Great use of what started out as wasted space. I can imagine a cuppa or two out there.

Noela said...

Looking good so far Barb. When you add the flowers and chairs, you should nearly be there I think. What a wonderful table top. hugs.....

The Patch Craft said...

Paint a picture (or splash some paint) onto a canvas and hang. Bright coloured pots.

marina said...

your little haven is coming along nicely.
love your spotty topper you made for Claire. It's gorgeous I can see why she doesn't want to risk it getting dirty.
enjoy your mill rose retreat!

Sisbabestitches said...

Oh what a wonderful little space! Gosh that table came up a treat! With lots of greenery and some happy cushions on the chairs it will be hard to move you back inside!