Monday, March 9, 2015

Bendigo Woollen Mills…..

DSCF8653

Today my sister Anne and I headed off to Bendigo to visit the Bendigo Woollen Mills and I must admit I thought I’d ended up in wool heaven! I was very good though and didn’t buy too much just a few balls I needed to finish off a couple of projects I have on the go……

DSCF8654

But I just couldn’t resist this pattern called “Floral Beauty” which ended up coming home with me.I’m seeing this one made up with all my leftover wool from my many different projects so another long term project is on the horizon, the pattern calls for 8ply but I’ll be doing mine in 4ply and just making up more blocks till I get the desired sizing…….I know, I’m hopeless when it comes to starting something new before finishing off my many other projects Sad smile  but on the bright side this one will be for me when it’s finished and that has to be a good thing Smile

18 comments:

Deb R said...

Hahah Barb, I would have bought that pattern too...Nothing wrong with starting new projects, I do it all the time lol

Ondrea said...

OMG! I loooove that rug! Lovely soft colours and such a lovely design. Have fun.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb oh I love this pattern,can't wait to see your squares xx

creations.1 said...

Oooh - jealous much - i would love to go to Bendigo!!! Beautiful pattern - lots of projects on the go = creative minds!

Anonymous said...

I A-DO-RE wool ! I have been known to buy wool and then give it away because I knew I wouldn't do anything with it in the end. Good luck with your project ; I love those patterns, they remind me of my long-gone youth ! x

Terry said...

What a pretty pattern! :0)

Michelle Ridgway said...

What a beautiful pattern. Look forward to seeing yours Barb x

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Noooooooooo we could have had coffee!!!!!!!!!!

kiwikid said...

Oh Barb that is a beautiful pattern! I can understand how you could not leave it behind!! Lovely wool selection!

Janet said...

This one will be a beauty!

Karen S said...

A very dangerous place to visit!! That is a lovely pattern you have chosen.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Lovely pattern glad you had a great day x

Susan said...

Gorgeous pattern, it will be lovely made up. I think you do finish lots of projects, so nothing wrong with indulging yourself. Looking forward to seeing it come together.

Cheryl said...

You would have been in heaven there Barb. Love the pattern you bought though

Cheryll said...

It will be gorgeous Barb... And you so deserve to have one yourself. Xox

Anthea said...

the new pattern is gorgeous Barb, I wouldn't be sharing either if I were clever enough to make it!

Hey Barb, don't you know it's compulsory to start new projects before older ones are finished?!

Sisbabestitches said...

Gorgeous pattern! I really love the colours too. It is a treasure trove for yarn fans :) It seems you were very restrained, well done you ;)

Binsa said...

Hello Barb, I love your work.Is it worth a trip to Bendigo? Kind Regards, O'faigh