Tuesday, November 3, 2015

I’ve been busy!

Even though I’ve been absent from my blog for the last few weeks I’ve still been keeping my hands busy working on a few projects…..

DSCF9417

Of course I had to start something new using up all the teeny tiny bits of wool leftover from other projects…..I’m loving this tiny hexie pattern which will be turning into a cushion or two when done SmileI love the fact that even your wool scraps can turn into something beautiful with a little imagination.

DSCF9338

More centres made up, countless thread ends cut of…..

DSCF9337

Then when I didn’t seem to have enough centres I made up just a few more LOL,  will do a big reveal on these when I get a bit further on with this project, it’s all hush, hush at the moment…..both wooden bowls pictured above are recent happy find from one of our local op shops, I’ve been searching for a rectangle one for years so as soon as I spotted the one above it was grabbed up and carted around while looking for more treasures!

DSCF9419

I’ve also been working on a few rows of this beautiful “Spice of life” CAL blanket, methinks I’ll have to repeat all the rows once more to get the length I need as I decided to use my 4ply stash for this one but I’m loving just picking it up working a few rows and then putting it aside for a bit, makes the yumminess factor last longer SmileI’ve also been working on a few secret squirrel projects which I hope to be able to share soon.

DSCF9420

Finally I’ll leave you with a picture of all the ends I’ve been sewing in and over the last few weeks SmileNot too many???

10 comments:

Christine M said...

You have been busy, Barb!

Dasha said...

Oh my! Look at all those trimmings. The bowls look great with the colourful little centres piled up. Love the things you find in an op shop.

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb you sure have been busy,lots of beautiful work there,looking forward to seeing you soon xx

Jo said...

Your CAL blanket looks lovely. Even yarn scraps can go a long way but never seems to get any less

Ondrea said...

OOOOO I am so in love with those hexies!!!!! Great idea storing your yarn stash in those bowls. Your CAL is coming along beautifully. I have nearly finished mine, a few more rows to go and then the border. I have been stitching the ends in here and there instead of crocheting all the time. Less to worry about later. I have been wondering what I can crochet with all the left over yarns . I think I will look up a few freebies in UK crochet. I never thought for a minute that you would have idle hands hehehe.

Maria said...

Oh sew many tiny circles.. Will be interesting to see your reveal.. The CAL blanket is lovely.

Kim said...

I know now why I don't crochet all those ends to sew in. Everything is so beautiful.

Fiona said...

Hi Barb... looking forward to seeing what that is all going to become..
Hugz

kiwikid said...

Great find to put your yarn bits into Barb.....your blanket is looking wonderful and the little hexies are very cute.

Deb R said...

Looking lovely Barb...cant wait to see it finished and I know I will :)