Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Family

 While on holidays I visited my parents who have four orange trees, two are over 50 years old and the other two are over 30 years old and the tree above is one of the baby ones, my dad saved the oranges for when my sister Anne and I could come down and pick some to take home with us....Nothing beats the taste of these oranges!
 
My 89 year old dad insisting that we shouldn't climb the ladder to pick the oranges at the top of the tree in case we fell! MMMMmmm me thinks it should be the other way around but dad is so fit and active he put me to shame :)



This is the tree after we'd picked the majority of the oranges, just leaving the lower hanging ones for mum and dad to pick over the next few weeks.....
 
And these are the 23 bags of oranges we picked from the baby tree, Anne and I went home with a boot full of oranges which I passed out at work and to friends and some for myself as well.....it's always nice to go home :)


16 comments:

Fiona said...

yummo, fresh home grown oranges always taste so lovely....
Hugz

Anonymous said...

Good morning my lovely friend,thankyou for the oranges i have been too sick to try them but i will today,what an amazing man your dad is and how sweet that he was worried about you and Anne climbing the ladder xx

Maria said...

Nothing nicer than home grown fruit... Oh always scared when the mature folk climb ladders.....

elliek said...

You see once a parent, always a parent worrying about your kids. Your dad is amazing and the oranges look yummy. Our day out in Ballan was sooo much fun!

Ondrea said...

Lots of yummy marmalade????? LOL, my dad is the same. You can't stop them.

Dasha said...

How wonderful! Did you leave enough for yourself to make some marmalade, or are you going to juice them all?

barbara woods said...

I use to go to Fla. to see my sister and buy fresh orange juice , nothing better

Jeanette said...

Oh my. That is a lot of oranges. Nothing beats fresh home grown fruit. I was at Mum's recently helping her make marmalade fro the last of her oranges. Hugs,xx

Rosie said...

What beautiful orange trees and what a bountiful harvest. Nothing tastes better than home grown with love.

Roseanne said...

They look delouses so many bag falls.

Kim said...

Wow they are very productive trees.

Cheryl said...

Barb that is an amazing stash of oranges. Bet you love going home

Anthea said...

My goodness Barb, what a massive crop! I'm sure they taste beautiful... nothing like home-grown! Your dad sounds like a bit of a character, good on him still keeping his daughters safe from ladders, LOL.

Binsa said...

What an abundance of oranges Barb amazing

Summer said...

I am craving some fresh orange juice right now ♥

summerdaisycottage.blogspot.com

http://thankfullga447 said...

Your oranges bring back memories from when my parents had trees in FL and oh how I miss the smell and taste of those oranges. We made jam and had lots of great juice, he also
had lemons. Enjoy!