Sunday, May 4, 2014

FNWF Results and a late birthday thank you!

DSCF7632

Friday night saw me start stitching around my red and white Dresden plate in blanket stitch but I had to give up by 8.30 as I felt quite ill and went to bed only to be woken up feeling the desperate urge to be sick which I did continually many times over till I finally fell back into bed for the last time at 5.30 Saturday morning to find oblivion in sleep……… so not much progress to report on my Friday night stitching but very happy to report that today I feel sooooo much better and the promise to myself never to eat Chinese takeaway for lunch when out and about shopping EVER AGAIN!! Lesson well learned!

Now onto more pleasant things and an apology to my dear friend Ondrea who I’ve just realised I never publically thanked for my gorgeous birthday gift in my preparation for Tassie ect…. I did email her when my gift arrived but forgot to add it to my birthday posts so here is my beautiful gift  below from Ondrea…..

DSCF7422

A beautiful heart hexie, hat pincushion and paper napkins all in my favourite colour combination of red and white . Thank you Ondrea even now just looking at this picture brings a smile to my face Smile 

DSCF7622

I was also given this beautiful bunch of flowers from one of the mum’s at my centre this week whose child I look after, such a totally unexpected surprise I have been totally spoilt this year for my birthday and I want to thank each and everyone of you for making it so special Smile

Now to go and so some blog hopping after I get back from shopping later today and see what everyone else has been up to.

18 comments:

Melody said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick. Fabulous gifts. Ondrea is such a sweetie.

Melody said...

Sorry to hear you were so sick. Fabulous gifts. Ondrea is such a sweetie.

Barb said...

Hope you are feeling better, love the plate...

Anonymous said...

Hi Barb oh I am sorry to hear that you had food poisoning what a horrible experience for you.How sweet is Ondrea ,I love what she has made you,hope you feel better soon my friend.xx

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Oh No....you poor thing...I do hope you are on the mend...amazing gifts you have received...

Anthea said...

Oh no, the dreaded food sickness bug! Glad that you are feeling better now, what a yuk for you Barb:(

It's a lovely set of gifts there from Ondrea, how thoughtful of her

Fiona said...

ooh no.... thats a sad end to a day out... the dresden will be lovely when you get back to it...and lovely parcel and flowers...
Hugz

Kim said...

Love your Dresden hope you are feeling much better.

Deb R said...

Sorry to hear you were sick, lovely pressies from Ondrea, always nice to put a smile on your face when you feeling sick! FNWF will come back quickly lol

Ondrea said...

OH dear. You poor thing. I hope you are feeling heaps better now. You didn't need to share what I gave you for your birthday or apologise but thankyou anyway. I know you always appreciate it. Angel hugs.

Helen said...

Beautiful. Dresden, hope you are feeling better :-)

Cheryll said...

Oh noooo! Hope it wasn't my slice!?!

Josie said...

Oh Barb... I'm so sorry to hear that your night was spoiled by sickness. That's the pits! Glad to hear that you are feeling much better now. Your dresden is gorgeous and the gifts you received are beautiful too. Happy Belated Birthday... hugs

Christine M said...

That was no good to hear Barb but I'm glad you're feeling a bit better. Your Dresden is looking great in that red and white. Lovely gifts too.

retdairyqueen said...

Love red and white too
Your dresdan plate is lovely and beautiful gifts
Pleased you are feeling better

Wendy said...

Poor you, Chinese takeaways can be risky!! Lovely dresden plate though and your gifts are beautiful.

Karen said...

So sorry to read you were unwell. And the worst part is that it happened on your weekend. That is not fair!
Lovely work on the dresden - they become a little addictive!

Helen said...

Beautiful dresden and such beautiful gifts. It was great to see you feeling better :)