Sunday, December 14, 2014

I’ve been spoilt!!!

DSCF8171

I closed my eyes this morning and rummaged under the Christmas tree to select my first parcel to open from Sharon  who is my FHF Swaps partner and I wasn’t disappointed!!! Look at the gorgeous project pouch I unwrapped.

I’m very impressed Sharon as you’ve managed to combine the two things I don’t like working with plastic sheeting and the dreaded zips! Now I have my own personal project pouch and to top it off Sharon has made this beauty with my favourite fabric designers Bonnie and Camille ooohhhh I wonder what tomorrow will bring?

Thanks Sharon you’ve made my day Smile

Today has also found me finishing up my November and December Charming Stars blocks that I’ve been sewing along with Terry I didn’t get a chance to even look at making any blocks for November as I had quite a few swap commitments I wanted to concentrate on but now they’ve been done and posted off I thought I’d better get a move on and finish a few more blocks before the New year arrived.

DSCF8173

Row one done and dusted……

DSCF8174

Row two done and dusted…..

DSCF8176

Rows one and two finally sewn together, now to start on making up the blocks for rows three and four SmileI’m hoping to at least get this top to the flimsy stage before 2015 but we’ll have to wait and see what I can accomplish while on my holidays over my Christmas break….

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow Barb love your star blocks,the colours are gorgeous,love your new project bag,enjoy your day my friend.xx

Michelle Ridgway said...

Love your gift from Sharon and I'm with you...hopeless at those things. Perfect to carry all your crochet or stitchery project s in. Your star blocks are beautiful xx

Terry said...

Your blocks look great! I didn't make any in November either, and none so far this month either! I need to get busy! LOL

Kim said...

Lovely gift and stars Barb.

Ondrea said...

Oooooo your charmed stars are so lovely. Great project pouch. Enjoy your gifts and sewing.

Fiona said...

the blocks are looking wonderful...
Hugz

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your stars are lovely...nice Prezzie from Sharpn

Anthea said...

Clever Sharon - no wonder you love it Barb! Charming Stars is looking fab...

Christine M said...

Your gift from Sharon is lovely, Barb. I love your star blocks. This quilt is going to be gorgeous.

Cheryl said...

Barb what a lovely project pouch from Sharon. Isn't it fun having a parcel to open each day. I do love your stars. Posted your parcel today - hope it arrives by Wednesday

Karen S said...

Loving those stars. The first rows look great together. Good luck with the next part.