Saturday, October 5, 2013

Another finish....and thank you!

 I didn't officially join in with FNWF sew in last night but did finish crocheting the last few rows on this baby blanket, it's much bigger than my other blankets as the mum to be wanted it big enough to go from cot to single bed as the baby grew.
 Here it is all wrapped up and ready to be given to the new mum when I next see her :)
I also couldn't resist Spotlights latest wool sale and decided to make myself something to cheer me up after losing my baby "Belle" earlier this week, I'd also like to thank everyone for their condolences in my last post in the sad passing of our beloved Belle, she's been part of our lives for over 15 years (the entire time my hubby and I have been together) so it's a been a very emotional time for us both and I appreciated each and every comment you've  sent and I'm just sorry I couldn't personally reply to each comment but it just makes me want to cry when I re-read your comments so I'll just say thanks to you all here and hope you understand :(

11 comments:

Jeanette said...

Gorgeous baby rug. Lovely colours of the wool balls. Hugs, xx.

Cheryll said...

I'm sorry about the loss of your furry friend...they become part of the family don't they!
Lovely baby blanket and very pretty wool you've chosen! :)

Leanne said...

A beautiful baby blanket Barb.

Wendy said...

The baby blanket is gorgeous, it looks lovely all bundled up. So sorry to hear about the loos of your Belle, pets leave a big hole when they are gone. Hugs Wendy

Mistea said...

Another gorgeous blanket for a lucky family.
Sweet colours for your cheerful project.

Jocelyn said...

Darling blanket. And we do understand Barbara.

Josie said...

Beautiful baby blanket Barb and a cheery selection of yarn you have there ready for your own project. I'm so sorry to hear about Belle... take care... hugs Josie

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Your blanket is gorgeous Barb...it is so very sad when we loose one of our fur babies..

Susan said...

Gorgeous baby blanket. And yes, we understand, that's what blogging friends are for. Enjoy your new project.

Ondrea said...

LOve that blanket. I would like to make one for a future grand child.

Anthea said...

Hi Barb, what a great idea for the sizing of the baby blanket - more love to it!
And I was saddened to read of your Darling Belle - our furry babies are so much a part of the home & they are badly missed when they go to Doggy Heaven - how blessed she was to be part of your home & lives for so long. Sending you a big hug x