Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I take my hat of to my sister Anne...

 My sister Anne is a fantastic quilter,she has a great eye for colour and combining colours.This is one of her quilts she's been working on and when I mentioned "Susan" (you know who you are) another blogger was interested in seeing her blocks for this quilt Anne happily placed them out for me to take photo's for my blog. Anne is working her blocks with blanket stitch not needle turn and she's enlarged the blocks a bit as some of the points were too close to the edges so she'll be working out a diferent border for her quilt to the one in the pattern as well as making it bigger by adding more blocks :)
 Here's a close up of some of the blocks.Anne has only used her scraps for this quilt and if you look closely you'll probably recognise a few fabric ranges that have been very poular over the past few years.
 Everyone thinks I'm organised but I have to say Anne is super organised and very methodical when working on any of her patchwork projects...these photos are circles of the fabrics she's using in this quilt with the relevant thread number being used with that particular fabric written under each dot....told you she was VERY organised!
 Anne then laminates each of these information sheets and has them with her quilt/patchwork supplies for this particular project .........she does this with all her quilts :) Thanks for letting me share your lovely blocks on my blog Anne and I'm sure all my bloggy friends will love seeing them too.
I've been working on getting my binding ready so I can get some quilts quilted,three done today which means I now have a total of six quilts ready to head of to the quilter to be quilted,this particular quilter will trim and sew on your binding for you for just a little extra......money well spent in my book,so all I'll have to do when they come back is to sew the binding down and add a label and they're done!

17 comments:

Grit said...

This quilt is so great. Fantastic work.
Liebe Grüße Grit from Germany

Susan said...

Holy Moly - that is super organised!!!and the quilt is looking fabulous. Thanks for sharing!

Karen's Korner said...

Now that is what I call "eye candy" Beautiful.

Susan said...

Oh Barb, Anne is so talented. She has done beautiful work on her Floral Beauty. Even with the changes, it still looks so much like the original. Here I was thinking I was organised, but definitely not compared to Anne. Thank you both for sharing those photos. I guess we can expect to see quite a few finished quilts soon.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Wow. The quilt is stunning and talk about organised. It is great to See Anne's version and watch Susan's grow at the same time. hugs

Yvonne W said...

Your sister is an extremely organised person and I love her quilt. The quilter who quilts mine also does the binding-- I got that done last time and I think it is definitely worth paying the extra to do that.

May Britt said...

This quilt is amazing. The fabric she have chosen is great. I too are sewing this one now, but I am not as organized as she :) Just a few blocks finishd so far, but it will have my focus now.

Cheryll said...

Thanks to you and your sister for sharing. WOW now THAT's organised!
And how good to have someone else sew the binding on too! :)

Cheryl said...

Wow what an amazing quilt your sister is sewing Barb

Mistea said...

Anne's blocks look beautiful all laid out like that.
So organised is obviously part of the 'gene pool'.
Lucky you.

Terry said...

Her blocks are wonderful, and her quilt is going to be beautiful! :0)

Anonymous said...

wow and double wow Barb ,Ann has done an awesome job of this quilt and i love the colours,well done Ann.xx

Noela said...

What a beautiful quilt your sister is working on. Wish my sister was interested in quilting. You are organized as well with your bindings done. Hugs.....

Karen said...

Gee, your sister's quilt blocks are wonderful! She is a very good piecer. Thank you for sharing.

Katherine said...

A beautiful quilt! I too like a little organisation by keeping everything for a project together in a tub. I hope that you might be able to share some more of her work in the future too.

Deb R said...

A gorgeous quilt and wow super organised...thanks for sharing Anne!

Tatkis said...

Wow, your sister's quilt is adorable!

Hugs,
Tatyana