Wednesday, January 9, 2013

I've had these blocks sitting around on my ironing board for ages,I finally decided today was the day to get this flimsy put together......boy it's good to get stuff closer to the finish satge.I just need to get some backing fabric and then I can finish this of and put it in with my Christmas decorations.....yep this ones for me! :)
I couldn't resist and finally made up one of these small thread catchers I've been watching pop up on blogs everywhere and just had to join in the fun......
then I spotted this tutorial on Fiona's blog http://bubzrugz.com.au/2012/12/needlecases-and-friends.html and I just couldn't waste the scraps leftover from my thread catcher so made up two slightly diferent sized needle keeps using her tutorial.Thanks Fiona :)
These are all going into my Birthday basket,so three more for the Birthday-love stash.Hopefully blogger will sort out the posting photo's difficulty real soon as posting photo's the way I am now is such a pain! I hope to have more photo's soon :)

19 comments:

Rosie said...

I love the look of those thread catchers, and I want to make some as well. I have also noticed them popping up on blogs. Love your stitchery especially as it is red and white!

Mistea said...

Sweet little stitchery flimsy - I'm liking the deer best!

Cute thread catcher and needle book - those little catcher sure are taking over sewing spaces everywhere.

Enjoy filling the Birthday box.

Susan said...

Such cute projects. I love how so many of Anni's Christmas fabrics are good for all year round.

Leanne said...

Your projects are so beautiful, I love everything.

Susan said...

Very cute and useful - thread catchers are certainly 'catching on" . . .

Cheryl said...

Lots of lovely projects you've made Barb. I too would love to make one of the cute thread catchers

Tatkis said...

Wonderful thread catchers, and the stitcheries are so cute!

Hugs,
Tatyana

Terry said...

Cute, cute, cute! :0)

Noela said...

Lovely finishes and flimsy. Hugs....

Maria said...

What beautiful projects you have ben making Barb...
I changed to Windows Live Writer a long time ago and now have no troubles loading photos and writing post.. Try it....

Katherine said...

Everything looks gorgeous. I think I would like to make some of those thread catchers too lol.

FloS said...

Ah ! ah !! you have finished the Cinderberrystitches little panel too !!
It's a pretty good idea to make these needle books !
Florence

Christine M said...

Cute stitchery hanging Barb. I love the fabrics you have used for the sewing bits!

Ondrea said...

I love the stitcheries! Particularly the owls. You are so productive already this year.Do you sleep?

Melody said...

Everything you sew is utterly charming

Josie said...

You are on a roll!! Really cute Christmas stitchery. Must make a thread catcher.... and use up my scraps! ;o)

Chookyblue...... said...

the thread catchers are addictive.......

Sisbabestitches said...

Wow Barb, hope you have gotten yourself a big Birthday basket :) Your pressies are great!
I love your Christmas flimsy, you will have such a lovely quilt for this Christmas :)

Wendyb said...

Your birthday love stash is looking great Barb! Must look out for a pattern for the thread catcher....I know they are easy but I always work best from a pattern!!!....my brain doesn't hurt so much that way!! LOL
xox sugary hugs
wendy :O)