Sunday, December 8, 2013

Stockings finished!

this weekend saw me sewing like a mad woman to get these 19 stockings over the finish line.....mission accomplished! phew!!!  now I just need to finish stitching the name tags, attach them with a hanging loop and then I'll be able to wrap them and hand them out the last week of work.
 I only needed to make 16 stockings but I had enough lining fabric to make an extra three so thought what the heck another three wont make much difference to the scheme of things lol.....I think I'm a glutton for punishment but this stocking tutorial I found makes them so easy to whip up I'm thinking of enlarging the pattern and making one with a stitchery design on it, what do you think am I crazy or what to even consider making one more stocking??? :)
Edited to add the tutorial link as a few have requested where I sourced the pattern from: http://www.diaryofaquilter.com/2010/12/easy-stocking-tutorial-today.html

22 comments:

Ondrea said...

I am exhausted just looking at them all! LOL do you think your sewing machine might need a service after all that sewing?

Sylvia said...

I agree with Ondrea that it is exhausting just looking at all your stockings. Hope the recipients appreciate them!

Susan said...

Not crazy at all, a cute stocking is irresistible. I'm sure they'll be loved.

Sharon - Lilabelle Lane said...

Well done and I fully understand the need to make more :o) hugs

Michelle Ridgway said...

They are lovely Barb. You have been very busy. I am sure they will brings lots of smiles and joy.

Wendy said...

Your little stockings are lovely, great gift idea!

Googy Girl said...

they look really cute, your little machine has been busy

The Patch Craft said...

Love all the stockings what tutorial did you use.

Simone Harding said...

Very cute. They look amazing.

Mistea said...

Those are very sweet stockings you've stitched up.
More is good even if it's only one. You need one of course!

Cheryl said...

So cute Barb - you are a devil for punishment

Susan said...

They are so cute to put something small in. Well done.

Anthea said...

golly me Barb, are you having dreams about those little stockings?! What a machine you have been, making so many! I love all your Christmas decorating, especially to see so many hand made items... beautiful x

Karen's Korner said...

Well done on such a marathon effort. They are the cutest stockings.

Jeanette said...

They are so cute Barb. Love them. Always wanted to make an Advent calender using little boots. :). Hugs,xx

Christine M said...

The stockings look great Barb. Those extra three can be the start of your Christmas 2014 sewing!

Jan said...

Do hope you saved one for yourself, Barb! They're so gorgeous, and such a thoughtful gift too. What tutorial did you use?

Cheryll said...

Lots of wonderful stockings to be filled... you did a marvellous job!

Maria said...

Well done Barb, they look sew cute all lined up there.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

They do look fantastic...

Katherine said...

They all look fantastic!

KERYN B said...

Wow you must have been on fire your poor machine must be screaming for a bit of oil! The stockings are fabulous.