Saturday, March 8, 2014

FNWF Results and a couple of finishes…….

DSCF7391

Last night saw me working on finishing of the satin stitch and filling in the butterfly bodies on this Leanne Beasley stitchery, now to buy a frame and then into my gift box it will be going.

DSCF7388

I also added the last stitches to this embroidery by Rosalie Quinlan I’ve been working on for quite a while, I’m very glad to see the end in sight with this one now to decide on how I want to finish it off…a cushion, a wall hanging MMmmmm decisions, decisions!

DSCF7387

I also finished off this baby blanket this week but couldn’t take a proper photo until today after a trip to Spotty for some soft grey ribbon to tie it up with…..now to wait till Friday so I can surprise the recipient with it, she has no idea I’ve been working on this for her so I hope she likes it Smile

DSCF7395

Here it is all nice and pretty with a lovely silky grey ribbon wrapped around it. Well that’s all my show and tell for this week, I’m hoping to have a few more things to show you soon but a couple of them will be secret sewing projects so they’ll be sneaky peek  photo’s and you’ll have to wait for the big reveal later in the year.

14 comments:

Rosie said...

Lovely stitching and I love the rug, very pretty.

Simone Harding said...

Lovely work Barb.

marina said...

gorgeous stitching Barb,
love the crocheted baby blanket. the piece of ribbon ties it perfectly.

Michelle Ridgway said...

Beautiful stitching Barb and your blanket looks lovely in it's soft grey ribbon waiting for it's new owner.

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Well done Barb some beautiful work you have there.

Jeanette said...

Beautiful projects. Hugs, xx

Ondrea said...

You have achieved a lot lately. Love the Leanne Beasley stitchery just gorgeous! Your baby blankie looks so sweet with the beautiful silky ribbon. The redwork has turned out well too. No surprise there. Love all the things you make. Take a breath before you make anything else

Helen said...

Beautiful stitching and projects.

Cheryll said...

It's always a pleasure to visit your blog too see what you are working on. FNwF spent together...arrr doesn't get much better! :)

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been so busy Barb....GORGEOUS....

Karen said...

Your finished blanket looks great and it is lovely wrapped up with the ribbon. A wonderful finish.
Great work on both those stitcheries, too. They are lovely designs.


Barb said...

Lovely projects Barb :)
Two of my favorite designers!
Barb :)

Kim said...

Lovely stitching and the blanket is beautiful I am sure it will be well received.

Quilting Chemist (Danette) said...

Pretty baby blanket and gorgeous stitching.