Saturday, December 10, 2011

FNSI Results....

 Last night I sat and stitched this pretty Christmas tree design form http://elefantz.blogspot.com/
This morning it turned into a cushion......
 I also turned this $1.00 op-shop find for my work KK into.....
 A chef's apron with a simple flower applique on the pocket.....I hope she likes it??
 I also started working on this tea towel before I went out to babysit and it's turning into another gift for my secret KK
I hope she likes the table runner it will become when I get it finished.I hope to have it finished this weekend if I get my you know what into gear.I'll post a photo of it when it's done :)
I also plan on baking a date and walnut loaf using the loaf tin I bought at the op-shop the same time I bought this tea towel and chef's apron....total cost $5 and my time and scraps from my stash.
In case you're wondering the theme for this years secret KK at work is buying from an op-shop and putting your own little twist to it which I've done LOL.

7 comments:

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

You have been busy Barb...the cushion is just lovely...

Leanne said...

Beautiful projects Barb

Anonymous said...

well done Barb i think you have done very well and put a lot of thought into your finds.

RobynLouise said...

Another op shop find recycler and what a great job you've done!
Cheers,
Robyn

Quilt Kitty said...

Excellent KK challenge. I'm sure they will be amazed at your gorgeous gifts. I'd be very happy to recieve either of those gifts. Tracee xx

Quiltin' Sandy said...

You have been busy, Barb. :)
Lovely work as usual, too.
I have Jenny's design printed out too. Thought I might do it in green this time with red decos. Yours looks lovely as a cushion. I just need to finish my last SAL block first, I'm not getting much done at night lately as I am so tired. :(

CathyC said...

you got a lot done ;-)
great idea with the op shop stuff ;-)